What you can’t see can hurt you
February 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM
10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Memory Loss That Disrupts Life
- One of the most common signs of Alzheimer’s is memory loss. Asking for the same information over and over and relying on memory aids like keeping constant notes are a common signs of Alzheimer’s.
- Challenges in Planning or Solving Problems
- They often have trouble following a familiar recipe or keeping track of monthly bills.
- Difficulty Completing Familiar Tasks at Home at Work or at Leisure
- They will have trouble driving to a familiar location or remembering the rules to a familiar game.
- Confusion with Time or Place
- They may forget where they are or how they got there.
- Trouble Understanding Visual Images
- They may pass a mirror and think someone else is in the room or they may not realize that it’s them in the mirror.
- Problems with Words in Speaking or Writing
- They may have trouble following a conversation as well as finding the right word.
- Misplacing Things
- They may put things in unusual places and they may accuse others of stealing.
- Decreased or Poor Judgment
- May use bad judgment when dealing with money and they may pay less attention to grooming.
- Withdrawal from Work or Social Activities
- They may remove themselves from social activities or projects.
- Changes in Mood and Personality
- They may become fearful, suspicious, depressed or confused. They may become easily upset in places where they are out of their comfort zone.
Tags: Alzheimer’s Memory Loss