Assisted Senior Living in Rhode Island
Are you researching and comparing Rhode Island assisted senior living centers? Here are some of the reasons our current senior residents and their families chose The Elms in Westerly, R.I.:
- Consistent Leadership Focused on Residents: The Elms is managed privately and has been led by the same owners, Guy Maiorano, for nearly 30 years. That translates into a stable, caring and focused leader who knows our assisted senior living residents and their individual needs and does not run a business driven purely by sales numbers. At The Elms, we make it our business to care for people as individuals, not numbers.
- Low Staff Turnover: Some staff members have been with The Elms and our residents for more than 15 years. A dedicated team of senior care providers with staying power is difficult to find. Because we know each other and our residents so well, we can react and agree quickly on solutions when issues arise that affect the comfort and well-being of the seniors in our care. Our history shows we are here to serve you and your loved ones.
- High Staff to Resident Ratio: The Elms has about 130 residents on campus and over 100 employees, including housekeepers, kitchen help, nurses, maintenance, caregivers, concierge, valet, wait staff. That is almost a one-to-one ratio, ensuring high quality care and attention.
- Highest Percentage of Occupancy of all Assisted Senior Living facilities in Rhode Island and Southeastern Connecticut.
At The Elms Assisted Senior Living, every resident has access to the following amenities at no additional cost:
- Assistance available around the clock
- Three nutritious and delicious meals daily, catering to special diets
- A variety of snacks and beverages anytime
- Personal laundry service weekly including towels and linens
- Scheduled local transportation
- R.N's on staff
- Individual heating and air conditioning
- Cable television
- Access to the Great Room for individuals and for functions
- A full and varied in-house activities calendar
- A wide variety of fun-filled outside activities and road trips
Customized Personal Care Plan
- Arts and crafts
- Lighthouse and boat tours
- Religious services of all kinds
- Pet therapy
- Live entertainment
- Day trips to area attractions
- Errands around town
- Happy hour receptions
- Bridge groups
- Theme parties